Successful digital twins: building an enterprise approach to delivery
- Published: Friday, 02 September 2022 07:38
KPMG has published guidance for organizations considering implementing digital twins. Digital twins have wide ranging uses for optimizing businesses, not least in the areas of resilience and risk management.
What is a digital twin?
In the guidance article, entitled ‘Successful digital twins: building an enterprise approach to delivery’, KPMG defines a digital twin as a digital representation of a physical asset or process that is dynamically updated at a specified frequency and fidelity where better data will inform better decisions.
Implementing enterprise-level digital twins
The guidance explores five key considerations when implementing enterprise level digital twins. These areas are:
- Digital twin sponsorship and leadership
- Stakeholder decisions and digital twin use cases
- Enable and sequence digital twin capabilities
- Change, upskilling and adopting digital twins
- Realising benefits and monitoring for self-funding digital twins.