‘Grand Challenges in Resilience: Autonomous System Resilience through Design and Runtime Measures’
- Published: Wednesday, 08 July 2020 09:20
In a paper scheduled to be published in the IEEE Open Journal of the Computer Society, various researchers have set out what they see as key challenges for effective cyber resilience and steps that can be taken for improvement.
In ‘Grand Challenges in Resilience: Autonomous System Resilience through Design and Runtime Measures’ the authors:
- Put forward the substantial challenges in cyber resilience in the domain of autonomous systems and outline foundational solutions to address these challenges. These solutions fall into two broad themes: resilience-by-design and resilience-by-reaction.
- Focus on design methods in software that are needed for cyber systems to be resilient.
- Discuss how to make systems resilient by responding, reconfiguring, or recovering at runtime when failures happen.
- Look at the research challenges that will have to be solved in the short and the mid-term to make the vision of resilient autonomous systems a reality.