Study finds 85 percent of large enterprises struggle to protect critical network assets
- Published: Wednesday, 26 June 2019 06:39
Endace has announced the results of its latest research study, Challenges of Managing and Securing the Network 2019, conducted by independent, US-based research company, Virtual Intelligence Briefing (VIB).
The study surveyed senior executives and technical staff at more than 250 large enterprises globally to understand the challenges that these organizations face in protecting their networks from cyber attack and performance issues.
Organizations from a range of industry verticals participated in the study, which found that one of the biggest challenges for all organizations was a lack of agility, making it difficult for their teams to investigate and respond quickly and accurately to security threats or outages.
Respondents cited the need for greater visibility into network activity as one of their top issues: almost 90 percent of respondents rated having ‘insufficient visibility into network activity to be certain about what is happening’ as a significant challenge for their organization.
Some of the key issues reported were:
- 81 percent of respondents reported not having enough monitoring tools in the right places on the network;
- 80 percent rated ‘alert fatigue’ as a significant concern;
- 76 percent reported that ‘tool fatigue’ is a significant issue;
- 91 percent indicated ‘integrating solutions to streamline processes, increase productivity and reduce complexity’ is a significant challenge;
- 90 percent reported slow, complex CAPEX purchasing cycles are reducing their flexibility in defending their organizations’ networks.