ENISA publishes online tool for IoT risk assessments
- Published: Tuesday, 05 February 2019 09:25
ENISA, the EU security agency, has released an online tool aimed at helping IoT users to conduct risk assessments and to save time when identifying threats and prioritising security areas of importance. It provides a combined view of the security good practices that ENISA has been developing for the last years to secure IoT, Industry 4.0 and ‘smart infrastructures’. The tool allows drawing comparisons between different IoT sectors, since the same ENISA threat taxonomy has been used when defining security measures.
When implementing IoT, each parameter or filter of the tool addresses the following issues:
- What are the threat groups from which you want to protect your organization?
- What are the security domains you want to cover?
- What security measures categories are you looking for?
- Which security standards and best practices would you like to take into account when securing IoT in your organization?