Are UK firms too confident about their cyber security?
- Published: Thursday, 12 July 2018 07:22
Three-quarters of UK firms in survey by FICO and Ovum say their protection is above average, and nearly half think they're a ‘top performer’. For the research Ovum conducted telephone surveys of security executives at 500 companies in the UK and 10 other countries.
Of eight regions surveyed, only Canadians were more likely to rate their firm a top performer for cyber security.
Key UK findings include:
- Financial services respondents were least realistic, with 96 percent rating their firms above average or top performers.
- Telecommunications providers were second, with 42 percent calling their firm a top performer.
- Retail and e-commerce respondents were most realistic, with 57 percent rating their firms above average or top performers.
- Only 36 percent of organizations are carrying out more than a point-in-time assessment of what their cyber security risk is.
More information (registration required).