Survey of Irish organizations captures resilience lessons from COVID-19 response

Published: Wednesday, 08 December 2021 08:18

During May and June 2021, the Irish Management Institute (IMI), in collaboration with Cork University Business School, University College Cork, carried out a survey to examine the views of Irish organizational leaders relating to their organization’s resilience during the COVID-19 pandemic.

The 392 respondents represented a variety of sectors, with the public sector (28 percent) and financial services (16 percent) being the largest. In total, 29 percent of the respondents were middle managers, with the remaining 71 percent holding senior to C-level positions within their organization.

Key findings from the survey include:

“We saw work-related stress, fatigue, and isolation coming up time and again in the research,” said Thia Hennessy, Dean of Cork University Business School. “As we return to the workplace, it’s important for leaders to focus on the issue of wellbeing. Fantastic progress has been made on trust and new work practices. Now, the challenge for leaders is to retain the best parts of that while adjusting to working in the office again.”

More details (PDF).