FEMA releases guidance for disaster response and recovery in a pandemic environment
- Published: Friday, 21 May 2021 09:24
FEMA has published ‘COVID-19 Pandemic Operational Guidance: All-Hazards Incident Response and Recovery’, a document aimed at helping emergency managers plan for disaster response and recovery, while adhering to public health guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Describes continued challenges to disaster operations posed by COVID-19 and planning considerations, based on science and the best available data, for emergency managers in addressing those challenges.
- Outlines considerations for SLTT governments related to planning COVID-19 testing and vaccination operations. This includes an overview of how FEMA supports SLTTs to establish and operate testing facilities and vaccination sites that ensure fair and equitable distribution of vaccines to all individuals who want one.
- Provides updated resources (e.g., checklists, reports, and other guidance) reflecting current lessons learned and best practices for operating in a pandemic environment to enable emergency managers to best adapt response and recovery plans.
- Outlines how FEMA plans to continue adapting response and recovery operations to the evolving COVID-19 risks to ensure prioritization for life safety, life sustainment, workforce protection and to maintain the delivery of FEMA’s programs.
FEMA is offering a series of webinars throughout the month of June to educate people on the pandemic operational guidance:
- Webinar 1 – 10 a.m. ET, Thursday, June 3.
- Webinar 2 – 3 p.m. ET, Tuesday, June 8.
- Webinar 3 – 11 a.m. ET, Thursday, June 10.
- Webinar 4 – 7 p.m. ET, Wednesday, June 16.
- Webinar 5 – 1 p.m. ET, Thursday, June 17.