Arcitecta has unveiled Mediaflux Point in Time, a new backup and recovery approach that the company claims will ‘redefine data resilience at scale’.
Powered by Arcitecta’s Mediaflux data fabric, Point in Time offers metadata-based data protection that secures data at scale, expedites data recovery, and ‘eliminates the significant cost and business impact of lost data’. It also provides a strong first line of defense / defence against crypto locking with the ability to roll back ransomware attacks.
“We are now in the Data Age, where data volumes quickly grow to billions and trillions of files. Terabytes of data are rapidly becoming petabytes to exabytes of data and beyond. Traditional methods of backing up data are unviable at those scales,” said Jason Lohrey, founder and CTO, Arcitecta. “Organizations need a new approach to backup and recovery designed for the scale and complexity of today’s data demands. With Mediaflux Point in Time, we are redefining petabyte-scale data resilience and enabling enterprise organizations to eliminate the cost and business impact of lost data.”
Mediaflux Point in Time is aimed at environments with billions of files or objects, petabytes or exabytes of data, and data that is spread across multiple storage systems and clouds. It virtualizes the existing storage infrastructure to provide continuous data protection and presents as NFS or SMB (both protocols can be used concurrently on the same data), in addition to a host of other protocols, including sFTP, DICOM, S3 and more.
Benefits of Mediaflux Point in Time include:
- Data security and resilience at scale: provides extremely fast data recovery and zero data loss. Every structural and data change is captured by Mediaflux Point in Time and recorded in Mediaflux’s high-performance database, XODB. By uniting the file system and the power of XODB, Mediaflux Point in Time provides inline data protection that actively records every significant change in real time for every file.
- Inline approach to continuous data protection: makes it possible to achieve continuity of service at scale with the ability to instantly unwind the file system to appear as it was at the selected point in time before the data corruption, hardware failure or malicious event. It enables the complete and immediate recovery of data – an RTO of zero – and virtually no downtime, with an RPO near zero, typically within milliseconds.
- Roll back ransomware attacks: provides the first line of defense against corporate loss and strong protection against criminals holding a business and its data hostage. Real-time recording of changes occurs, ensuring that the enterprise is protected in the event of a ransomware attack. No decryption keys are needed as Mediaflux Point in Time can rewind to the point before the event and unwind the damage in, at most, minutes – rather than days, weeks or more.
- Expedited data recovery: users can interactively find and recover what they need. Every vital file change is recorded throughout all time and instantly accessible so end-users can find and recover data quickly with the click of a button. By simply scrolling a time-slider, users can roll back the entire file system structure to a point before the loss occurred. As they do so, they can see all files at all points in time, from the past to the present.
- ‘Do it yourself’ data search and recovery: an intuitive GUI enables users to easily find and access their data, eliminating the need for IT intervention. Users can connect via their standard credentials to access a single, global namespace and find their data. Using the solution’s powerful, easy-to-use wildcard searches, users can find files in milliseconds, no matter when and where they existed – even when the search includes billions of files or more.