Vision Solutions enables Seamless SQL Server 2005 end-of-life upgrades with Double-Take SQLMove
- Published: Wednesday, 02 December 2015 09:13
Vision Solutions, Inc., has launched its newest migration software offering, Double-Take SQLMove. Vision Solutions designed the product, which uses the company’s Double-Take replication technology, to help customers migrate effortlessly from Microsoft SQL Server 2005 to a supported version. Microsoft will end extended support for SQL Server 2005 on 12th April 2016. After that date, Microsoft will no longer provide security updates to companies running SQL Server 2005.
Double-Take SQLMove eliminates risk with real-time replication technology that enables near-zero downtime, allowing systems to remain productive during the migration process. Double-Take SQLMove provides users with the following benefits:
- Near-zero migration downtime
- No lost data during the migration cutover to the new database
- Ability to test the SQL Server upgrade without affecting the production database
- Minimal learning curve with an easy, intuitive command line interface
- Maximum control and customisation of the migration process through scripting.