Latest SIOS Protection Suite for Linux features enhanced high availability options
- Published: Thursday, 19 August 2021 09:09
SIOS Technology Corp., has announced the release of SIOS Protection Suite for Linux version 9.5.2 clustering software, featuring enhanced automation and application failover orchestration that makes creating and managing high availability (HA) clusters in complex SAP S/4HANA environments easier and more reliable for enterprises. SIOS also recently released SIOS Protection Suite for Windows version 8.8.0 clustering software featuring innovations designed to make HA clustering in the cloud faster and easier.
For many IT managers, creating a failover cluster to protect critical applications is a complex, time consuming process, often with unreliable results. SIOS Protection Suite clustering solutions deliver high availability and disaster recovery protection while eliminating this complexity and uncertainty by automating manual tasks and providing application-specific failover orchestration.
New features and capabilities in SIOS Protection Suite for Linux 9.5.2, include:
- Enhanced, Comprehensive Support for HA in GCP. Enhancements include SIOS Internal Load Balancer tool designed to orchestrate efficient IP management during switchovers and failovers.
- All Functions of GUI are Available via CLI. Allowing customers who use products such as Ansible the ability to automate their interactions with SIOS LifeKeeper.
- Near-Zero Downtime for Switchover During Planned Maintenance. Supports a new HANA ‘Takeover with Handshake’ feature enabling near-zero downtime time during switchovers by eliminating the potentially time-consuming process of shutting down the primary HANA server database. As a result, customers can perform planned maintenance without disrupting ongoing service to end-users.
- Empowering Customers by Making SAP Logging Easier to Use. Updates existing messages to make error messages and logs clearer and easier for customers to understand and act on.