Rubrik announces major advancements which provide ransomware impact, sensitive data risk assessment, and mass recovery
- Published: Wednesday, 19 May 2021 09:06
Rubrik, a cloud data management company, has announced new data security features that enable organizations around the world to ‘easily and accurately assess the impact of ransomware attacks and automate recovery operations to maintain business continuity’.
By converging modern data management with advanced data security and threat protection, Rubrik delivers data with built-in cyber resilience to help organizations. New capabilities include:
- Automated mass recovery of applications to rapidly restore normal IT and business operations from cyber attacks, such as ransomware;
- Integration with automation frameworks, such as Palo Alto Networks Cortex XSOAR and ServiceNow Incident Response, enabling tighter collaboration between ITOps and SecOps teams for faster recovery;
- Data risk management with new Sonar user behavior analysis to determine who is accessing, modifying or adding files; and,
- A global view of the customer’s data estate so IT teams can quickly and accurately identify affected workloads and files.
Rubrik also announced AppFlows, the company’s new disaster recovery solution that enables IT teams to leverage their existing investments in backup systems, obviating the need to deploy and manage additional infrastructure to deliver business continuity. AppFlows are managed via a SaaS-based control plane, and leverage powerful application blueprints that capture the resource mapping and workload dependencies to enable reliable failover in the event of a data center / centre outage. Applications in a VMware environment can failover to a secondary site, or to VMware Cloud on AWS for maximum flexibility. AppFlows makes it cost-effective to bring disaster recovery to the full portfolio of enterprise applications.