Veeam Software has announced the general availability of Veeam Backup & Replication v11. With more than 200 new features and enhancements, v11 includes reliable security and ransomware protection and offers a single platform for modern data protection, combining backup, replication, storage snapshots, and continuous data protection.
Veeam v11 features include:
- Disaster recovery with Veeam Continuous Data Protection (CDP): eliminate downtime and minimize data loss for Tier-1 VMware workloads with built-in CDP and achieve immediate recoveries to a latest state or desired point in time providing the best recovery point objectives (RPOs).
- Reliable ransomware protection: keep backups safe with immutable, hardened Linux repositories compliant with SEC 17a-4(f), FINRA 4511(c) and CFTC 1.31(c)-(d) regulations, preventing encryption by ransomware, accidental or malicious deletions; based on general-purpose servers, without any hardware lock-in.
- AWS S3 Glacier and Azure Blob Archive: reduce the costs of long-term data archival and retention by up to 20 times and replace manual tape management with new native support for Amazon S3 Glacier (including Glacier Deep Archive) and Microsoft Azure Archive Storage through end-to-end backup life cycle management with Veeam Scale-out Backup Repository Archive Tier.
- Google Cloud Storage: new support for Google Cloud Storage for Veeam Scale-out Backup Repository Capacity Tier, providing greater choice of hot cloud object storage targets.
- Expanded Instant Recovery: achieve the lowest recovery time objectives (RTOs) with powerful instant recovery for Microsoft SQL, Oracle databases and NAS file shares from the pioneer of Instant VM Recovery.
- New Veeam Agent for Mac: delivers end-user data backup for any macOS device, joining existing Veeam Agents for Microsoft Windows, Linux, IBM AIX and Oracle Solaris.
- Veeam-powered BaaS and DRaaS: leverage the services, solutions and expertise needed to maximize the value of V11 by teaming up with Veeam-powered service providers for a fully managed backup experience.