New ‘Cohesity SiteContinuity’ automated disaster recovery solution integrates with backups
- Published: Tuesday, 29 September 2020 09:14
Cohesity has announced the availability of Cohesity SiteContinuity, an automated disaster recovery solution that is integrated with the company’s backup and continuous data protection capabilities.
With Cohesity SiteContinuity, organizations can recover a single file, critical business application, or an entire data center / centre with just a few clicks, automating recovery operations spanning across application tiers and on-premises and public cloud environments. It ‘dramatically simplifies’ the challenge organizations face in trying to manage complex hybrid and multi-cloud IT environments with numerous applications running across multiple tiers with varying service levels during the course of normal operations.
Cohesity’s converged backup and disaster recovery solution provides:
- Simplified operations: Consolidate backup, continuous data protection and automated disaster recovery on a single platform, managed through one global UI and a unified policy framework, across application tiers, service levels, and environments.
- Near-zero application downtime and data loss: With just a few clicks, automatically orchestrate failover and failback of a single application or an entire site, ensuring minimum data loss and downtime as business applications are rapidly recovered in a disaster scenario.
- Flexible recovery: Journal-based recovery helps to meet varying service levels across application tiers by restoring to any point in time - including days or even seconds before the disaster hit, on-premises or to the public cloud.
- Machine learning-based ransomware detection and recommendation: At the time of failover and/or restore, Cohesity Helios’ machine learning algorithm helps identify a clean point in time to restore. This helps protect the DR site from malware impact during the failover process.
- Disaster testing: Meet DR compliance objectives with confidence through end-to-end automated non-disruptive disaster recovery testing, including complete audit trail reporting.
- Reduced TCO: Reduce costs by converging backup and DR, eliminating the need for separate point products and driving better storage efficiency. Further reduce data footprint and costs with global variable-length deduplication and compression across workloads. Additionally, there is no need to deploy dedicated virtual machines to support recovery of each ESXi host.
- Limitless scalability: The underlying web-scale architecture of the Cohesity platform enables organizations to scale business continuity and DR capabilities ‘limitlessly and painlessly’.