New Arcserve appliances integrate on-appliance and offsite disaster recovery, backup and high availability
- Published: Thursday, 07 February 2019 09:59
Arcserve, LLC, has announced the launch of its third generation Appliance Series, claimed to be the ‘first purpose-built appliances designed for disaster recovery and application availability to provide organizations with an all-in-one option for on-appliance and offsite backup and disaster recovery that can be deployed in under 15 minutes’.
Powered by Arcserve Unified Data Protection (UDP) software, the series bundles flash-accelerated deduplicated storage, robust server processing, and high-speed networking with highly-redundant hardware and cloud services that enable companies to spin up copies of physical and virtual systems directly on the appliance, and in private or public clouds. Companies may also leverage real-time replication with automatic and push-button failover and failback through the appliances to protect mission-critical systems, applications and data.
Ensuring application availability is challenging for IT teams, as illustrated by Arcserve’s recent survey which found that only 26 percent of IT decision-makers are extremely confident in their ability to recover. Further, a survey from IDC found that 43 percent of IT decision-makers plan to move to an on-premises private cloud and 37 percent intend to move to a hosted private cloud over the next 24 months. Arcserve removes the ‘do it yourself’ complexity of orchestrating a hybrid strategy for disaster recovery and application availability.
Arcserve Appliances offer companies:
- Integrated on-appliance and cloud-based DR with up to 20 CPU cores and 768GB RAM;
- Larger effective capacity to protect up to 504TBs of data per appliance and to manage up to 6PBs through a single interface;
- Up to 20:1 deduplication ratio with WAN-optimized replication to private and public clouds, including the Arcserve Cloud, Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Eucalyptus, and Rackspace;
- Increased reliability with onsite hardware support in as little as four hours, and high redundancy hardware with dual CPUs, SSDs, power supplies, HDDs and RAM;
- Ease of use to install and configure in less than 15 minutes.