NetJapan, publisher of disk imaging backup, system disaster recovery, and virtualization software, has announces the release of ActiveImage Protector 2018. NetJapan’s virtual standby availability technology, vStandby, is now integrated into ActiveImage Protector. Combining both image backup and VSA provides greater value by incorporating the convenience of point-in-time switch-over, and dynamic recovery in a single solution.
NetJapan’s Virtual Standby Availability Technology, creates and maintains dormant point-in-time Virtual Standby Replicas (VSR) of physical or virtual source machines in Hyper-V or VMware environments, and are ready for use; ensuring business continuity.
ActiveImage Protector 2018 includes task tools for verifying backup integrity and bootability, and consolidating backup images, via post-backup processing. NetJapan’s BootCheck provides confidence that your backup images are bootable, whether restoring or virtualizing.
- Virtual Standby Availability: Creates automatically updated boot points with scheduled incremental snapshots directly to a VMware ESXi or Microsoft Hyper-V Host. When a disaster strikes, the virtual standby replica (VSR) can be instantly started (in two minutes according to our test result).
- Post-backup processing including BootCheck and consolidation: Automatically ensures backup images are bootable using Microsoft Hyper-V, saving system resource and time. As part of ImageCenter installer (including in ActiveImage Protector 2018), it can be installed on any machine of the network to offload the BootCheck tasks to a dedicated system, greatly reducing resource demands on the backup source machine.
- Updated and improved P2V, V2P, P2P, and V2V processing
- Enhanced Full-state file recovery retains access rights.
- Supports Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.