Risk management sees ‘significant progress’ in Latin America: RIMS and Marsh report
- Published: Wednesday, 11 November 2015 08:34
According to the inaugural RIMS - Marsh Risk Management in Latin America report, Latin American companies have made significant progress in developing and implementing sustainable risk management capabilities, but more work still needs to be done. RIMS, the risk management society, and Marsh Risk Consulting, the risk advisory consulting unit of Marsh LLC released these findings at the RIMS Risk Forum 2015 in Lima, Peru.
The RIMS - Marsh Risk Management Latin America report includes assessments and comments from risk management leaders in 369 companies from 15 countries in the region and 10 different industries. Responses were obtained through an online survey conducted between June and September 2015.
Key points from the report include:
- 77 percent of respondents have an employee dedicated to risk management activities;
- 66 percent of respondents have a risk management policy;
- 55 percent have either fully or partially implemented a risk management system;
- 21 percent of organizations reported strategic planning to be fully coordinated with risk management.