The Federation of European Risk Management Associations (FERMA) has unveiled a new strategic vision and mission statement. These are the result of a six month-long consultation process with FERMA member associations.
FERMA's new vision is of ‘a world where risk management is embedded in the business model and culture of organisations’. It is embodied in the new mission statement that aligns FERMA's work with its goals of increasing leadership in risk management and enhancing risk managers' strategic influence.
To do this, FERMA will:
- Represent and defend the interests of its member associations and their members to European institutions.
- Create, collect and share knowledge, practices and innovative approaches amongst its member associations and their members.
- Improve the recognition of and raise the profile of the profession.
- Demonstrate the value that professional risk managers bring to organisations.
- Take the lead with stakeholders who have an interest in risk management.
- Represent European interests with risk management associations globally.