The BCI announces the launch of a foundation to support real-world resilience research
- Published: Friday, 17 February 2023 12:05
The BCI has launched the BCI Research Foundation, which will fund and support high quality applied research into topics related to organizational resilience, operational resilience, business continuity management, crisis management and other resilience-related disciplines.
The Foundation will:
- Provide funding for approved research studies within academic settings.
- Generate original thoughts for the resilience sector, creating potential to develop new guidelines, frameworks and best practice.
- Create and facilitate opportunities for academics and business continuity and resilience professionals to communicate directly through roundtables, conferences, and forums.
- Create and facilitate opportunities for academics and business continuity and resilience professionals to collaborate on research.
- Help with the dissemination and promotion of research outputs, encouraging their use in practice.
One of the initial actions of the Research Foundation is the provision of research grants of up to £10,000 ($12,000) per project. Qualified researchers and academics within universities or other academic institutions can apply for these grants through a request for proposals (RFP) process.
All supported research will have practical and real-world relevance for professionals working in business continuity and resilience.
Welcoming the launch of the BCI Research Foundation, Heather Merchan MBCI, Chair of the Board of Directors said:
“The BCI Research Foundation is a fundamental step forward in strengthening collaboration between academia and resilience professionals, enabling interactions and output to the benefit of both stakeholder groups. The Foundation will be a much-needed catalyst to evolve academic thinking in our field and, crucially, will provide business continuity and resilience professionals with practical output to empower and equip them for success".