New crisis management standard released by ISO
- Published: Wednesday, 02 November 2022 08:45
ISO has published a new guidance standard on crisis management to help organizations plan, establish, maintain, review and continually improve a strategic crisis management capability.
ISO 22361:2022 ‘Security and resilience — Crisis management — Guidelines’ covers:
- Context, core concepts, principles and challenges
- Developing an organization’s crisis management capability
- Crisis leadership
- The decision-making challenges and complexities facing a crisis team in action
- Crisis communication
- Training, validation and learning from crises.
ISO says that ISO 22361 is applicable to top management with strategic responsibilities for the delivery of a crisis management capability in any organization. It can also be used by those who operate under the direction of top management.
ISO 22361 ‘acknowledges the relationship and interdependencies with various disciplines but is distinct from these topics’.