BC Management’s latest BCM Trends Report is now available; and includes an assessment of the most noteworthy trends identified from over 10 years of researching business continuity program management initiatives. The report also includes program maturity insights and tips.
Key highlights from the BCM Trends Report, 12th Edition, are:
- 22 percent of business continuity management programs now report into a risk management department. This figure has grown from 10 percent in 2009.
- There is a trend for increased hiring: 25 percent of respondents to the latest BCM Trends survey anticipate hiring personnel dedicated to business continuity planning. This has grown from 14 percent in 2018.
- 21 percent of respondents to the latest survey stated that their BCM budget was more than $1M USD.
- 64 percent of mature business continuity programs are centralized, with an equal focus on business and IT planning initiatives.
- On average, organizations currently have 16 professionals dedicated to the business continuity program.
BC Management is also offering benchmarking opportunities where business continuity managers can compare their results to those from other similar organizations. For more details see the video here.