Events Industry Council releases business continuity guide
- Published: Tuesday, 02 February 2021 09:32
The Events Industry Council (EIC) has published a guide to business continuity. The Business Continuity Accepted Practices Guide is the latest guide produced by EIC’s APEX COVID-19 Business Recovery Task Force.
The Business Continuity Accepted Practices Guide covers:
- How organizations prepare for future crises or disruptions, such as the current global pandemic;
- How businesses reliant on in-person events navigate through a crisis when such traditional in-person event models are not possible;
- Business continuity resources for event professionals;
- Understanding and implementing value-based adaptions and innovations.
“It is critical we continue to raise the notion of resilience and adaptions to drive innovative practices,” said Amy Calvert, CEO, Events Industry Council. “A resource that aggregates and curates principles of business continuity will support industry professionals and organizations as they work to strengthen their business models and prepare for recovery and their future relevance.”
The guide presents a three-stage framework for recovery: assess, adapt and accelerate.