Data Health Check 2020 survey shows increasing uptake of business continuity planning in the UK
- Published: Wednesday, 15 July 2020 08:03
Databarracks has announced the release of its 2020 Data Health Check results. Running since 2008, the annual report questions over 400 IT decision-makers in the UK on critical issues relating to IT resilience, cybersecurity, cloud and remote working.
Key findings from the Data Health Check include:
- 61 percent have an up-to-date business continuity plan in place, a marked increase from 54 percent last year.
- 66 percent did not have a dedicated pandemic response plan in place prior to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- 85 percent have an IT disaster recovery plan within their business continuity plan, with 65 percent having tested this in the last 12 months (up from 50 percent last year).
- 89 percent of participants have confidence in their disaster recovery plan.
- Cyber attacks have decreased as a cause of data loss; this is the first sign of organizations finally starting to get a handle on the cyber threat.