Revised version of ISO 22301 business continuity standard now available
- Published: Friday, 01 November 2019 10:53
ISO 22301 is the international standard for business continuity management systems. It has been undergoing a revision and the new version is now available.
ISO 22301:2019 ‘Security and resilience - Business continuity management systems - Requirements’ is a 21 page document, developed by the ISO ISO/TC 292 Security and Resilience Technical Committee.This new (second) edition cancels and replaces the first edition (ISO 22301:2012).
The new version of ISO 22301 summarizes the main differences from the previous version as:
- ISO’s requirements for management system standards, which have evolved since 2012, have been
- Requirements have been clarified, with no new requirements added;
- Discipline-specific business continuity requirements are now almost entirely within Clause 8;
- Clause 8 has been re-structured to provide a clearer understanding of the key requirements;
- A number of discipline-specific business continuity terms have been modified to improve clarity
and to reflect current thinking.