ISO publishes new standard on human aspects of business continuity
- Published: Tuesday, 05 June 2018 09:07
ISO, the international standards organization, has published its latest business continuity standard, ISO/TS 22330:2018 ‘Security and resilience - Business continuity management systems - Guidelines for people aspects of business continuity’.
The new standard provides guidelines for the planning and development of policies, strategies and procedures for the preparation and management of people affected by an incident.
ISO/TS 22330 covers issues in the preparation, response, recovery and restoration phases of the business continuity lifecycle, including:
- Preparation through awareness, analysis of needs, and learning and development;
- Coping with the immediate effects of the incident;
- Managing people during the period of disruption;
- Continuing to support the workforce after returning to business as usual.