Group Head of Operational Resilience Policy & Standards
- Published: Tuesday, 24 January 2023 08:26
Location: UK, London
- To provide leadership strategy and direction on business continuity and operational resilience matters across MAG, Develop policy and standards commensurate with regulatory requirements, industry standards and MAG group policy and vision.
- The role is responsible for ensuring business and operational resilience is fully integrated into all business and operational processes through the development of quality management systems and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- The post holder will be a trusted adviser to the MAG Senior Leadership Team, ensuring key performance indicators are achieved and business reputation is preserved.
- The role will require the post holder to operate across MAG working within and developing best practice principles of Emergency planning, Contingency Planning, Crisis management, Business continuity and recovery.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of policy, standards & vision on all resilience matters to support the delivery of the Group’s Vision and Mission. This will involve the development, support, and implementation of strategies in support of the MAG operating model that achieves and maintains industry leading ways of working and performance that will enhance the Group’s reputation both internally and externally.
- Working with the Group Risk, compliance and assurance function to assure the end-to-end compliance of the Operations functions compliance with regards to business resilience policy & standards and MAG improvement programmes such as ARP.
- Responsible for assuring the compliance of MAGs operations regulatory and legislative obligations for Business and operational resilience.
- Liaise and work closely with the Group Chief of Staff team to ensure a coordinated approach to the boundaries of business and operational resilience.
- Lead the development and implementation of Group wide resilience themed campaigns and initiatives to drive continual improvement in Business and operational resilience across all areas of the business.
- Engage and collaborate with Group and airport teams to facilitate compliance, management, and assurance processes required to maintain external accreditation where applicable.
- Provide support and guidance to the Group Audit & Assurance team on scope and delivery of the third line of defence audit and assurance programmes.
- Accountable for the development and implementation through the local teams of Group emergency, contingency and business continuity plans Policies.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of an effective accredited generic Business Continuity Management System across all MAG functional areas.
- Maintain a Business Continuity Risk Register, ensuring the Airport Leadership Teams are fully appraised of existing and emerging risks and that appropriate mitigation strategies are developed and implemented in accordance with MAGs risk appetite.
- Contribute to the development of operational and capital investment plans (OPEX and CAPEX) to ensure operational resilience risk is continually managed within appetite throughout infrastructure and business change programmes.
- Contribute to the development of asset and maintenance standards to ensure adequate resilience, contingency and operational recovery policy & procedures are in place.
- Provide strategy, guidance, direction and leadership on the development and management of generic Business Continuity and recovery Plans, including training and competency requirements for the leadership teams.
- Develop generic standardised assurance systems to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the Business Continuity System, using recognised testing and compliance techniques.
- Ensure the integration and alignment of business continuity plans for critical service partners and suppliers, influencing continuous improvement and robust contract management principles.
- Manage the implementation, development and maintenance of an airport emergency management system to ensure the highest standards of information management, stakeholder engagement and decision making.
- Ensure lessons learned from disruption events and incidents are captured and acted upon, through an effective debriefing process. This will include events from other global airports and industries.
- Lead contingency planning teams and act as a trusted advisor to Operational Managers and the Airport Leadership Team.
- Ensure that Group Business Continuity Plans for IT, HR, Capital Delivery and Media Relations are aligned and adequately support the MAG resilience planning.
- Develop and evolve the maturity of MAGS Incident Management response, including associated IT, media and communication systems..
- Oversee and administer all MAG Resilience forums and associated sub-committees, including the validation of management information reporting and business intelligence that informs MAGs reporting requirements.
- Represent MAG through active involvement in local, regional and national planning forums.