VP, Business Continuity
- Published: Friday, 20 January 2023 09:52
Location: US, PA, Pittsburgh
Company: Dollar Bank
The position manages all aspects of the Business Continuity Program (BCP). The position will interface with business units to facilitate Business Impact Analyses (BIA’s), risk assessments, business continuity exercises such as mock drills, and ensure business continuity documentation is up to date. The position will interface with the Information Technology (IT) Disaster Recovery (DR) exercises in a lead role. The position will continue to mature the BCP.
- Perform as coordinator for the Corporate Emergency Response Team (CERT).
- Maintain and mature Incident Management Team (IMT) processes; lead the IMT team during activations as applicable to individual situations.
- Administrate emergency notification call system.
- Conduct BIA information gathering through surveys, interviews, and group discussions.
- Negotiate criticality scores of business impact with lines of business based around each line of business outage in terms of financial impact to the bank, upstream and downstream process dependencies, and production loss from an operational standpoint.
- Analyze the BIA data.
- Create, execute, and analyze risk assessments, both ad hoc and an annual Disruptive Risk Assessment.
- Develop and direct the execution of business recovery, crisis management, emergency management, contingency planning, and disaster-preparedness planning and testing, including relocation exercises, tabletop exercises, and call tree exercises.
- Manage and ensure the compliance of business continuity processes, readiness, events, and exercise results.
- Identify and assist in mitigating any business continuity recovery gaps.
- Document lessons learned from exercises and live events.
- Develop key performance indicators (KPI’s); report to Senior Management on the risks, successes, and challenges of the BCP.
- Provide support and expertise during live events.
- Report on results and improvement opportunities to program stakeholders.
- Manage the execution of the vision and direction for business continuity lifecycle planning.
- Ensure that business continuity is considered as part of enterprise-wide planning for new lines of business, technology implementations, business process transformation, etc.
- Ensure the maintenance of a continuous improvement methodology and updated response and recovery plans.
- Keep up-to-date on changes to BCP regulatory requirements for financial institutions.
- Conduct awareness and training activities with business units.
- Drive effective recovery planning and testing of recovery and response capabilities.
- Perform as project lead for DR, including setting DR scope and IT recovery priorities based on business unit criticality as analyzed in the BIA.
- Coordinate DR participation with vendors of the Bank’s third-party hosted software.
- Administrate the Bank’s Business Continuity Management software.
- Provide leadership for the Bank’s ongoing Emergency Preparedness Working Group.