Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Tuesday, 22 November 2022 09:30
Location: Canada, Toronto, Vancouver
Company: Central 1
As a Business Continuity/Operational Resilience Manager you are a subject matter expert on business continuity and operational resilience regulations, legislation, policies, rules and guidance. You will be responsible for oversight of the Business Continuity Management (BCM) program across the organization, which includes business continuity and disaster recovery planning, coordination of inter-departmental activities, education and awareness, testing and maintenance of BCM.
- Manage Central 1’s BCM/operational resilience to ensure preparedness and continuity of mission critical and operational functions. Provide direction and develop strategic plans related to emergency, pandemic, crisis, incident and disaster recovery preparedness and response. Communicate and interact effectively with staff and senior management.
- Develop and maintain BCM/operational resilience policy and standards, governance framework, business continuity plans, escalation list, BCP roles and responsibilities and BCP methodology guidelines. Ensure Central 1’s BCM meets legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements.
- Lead the development and maintenance of an effective business impact analysis and risk assessment process.
- Provide guidance and work closely with business unit leaders to provide a framework for the establishment and/or maintenance of their business unit specific business recovery documentation and testing.
- Provide guidance and work with technology teams to ensure the alignment of the Disaster Recovery Plan meets BCP priorities. Ensure technology and business unit managers adhere to the Disaster Recovery Test Status Report and Business Unit Test Status Report on a quarterly basis.
- Collaborate with business units to develop, update, enhance and monitor business continuity plans and procedures. Recommend the development of new business continuity plans and procedures whenever major changes occur to the business area and organization.
- Develop incident response/crisis management roles and responsibilities, procedures, training and exercises for Central 1’s executive team.
- Develop, implement, and lead coordinated business continuity conduct exercises annually at a minimum. Ensure all BCP Team members are trained to fulfill specific business continuity responsibilities. Evaluate test results and take follow-up action if required. Provide updates, feedback and reports to senior management and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and conduct orientation sessions and annual exercises as part of Central 1’s business continuity education and awareness program for all staff.
- Manage and report on the status of initiatives/projects and ensures timely and accurate project completion. Develop annual programs related to BCM.
- Serve as a resource to the credit union system on business continuity related issues. Attend meetings and give presentations as requested.