IT Disaster Recovery Manager
- Published: Wednesday, 21 September 2022 10:06
Location: US, Washington, DC
Organization: U.S. House of Representatives, Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
Close date: 9/30/22
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers, and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 650 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, childcare, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
This position is located in the Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) Directorate. BC/DR provides contingency planning and operations support, as well as improvements and enhancements to technical infrastructure, systems, information security, emergency communications, and business continuity capabilities of the House. This position serves as the IT Disaster Recovery Manager.
BC/DR is looking for a talented, enthusiastic, and well-rounded professional to lead IT Disaster Recovery programs throughout the CAO. Key responsibilities include ensuring the continued operational readiness of mission critical applications, tools, and procedures before, during, and following any event that disrupts, or threatens to disrupt, the CAO’s ability to support House operations; facilitating IT failover/failback exercises; advising management on ITDR system postures, developing and implementing management controls for ITDR programs; and working to identify and meet operational requirements for recovery of services during an event.
*This position has day-to-day supervisory/managerial responsibilities
- Develop and implement verifiable IT Disaster Recovery strategies for the CAO, including policies, procedures, and management tools to ensure mission readiness.
- Conduct Business Impact Analyses (BIA) for systems, tools, and processes at the CAO. Coordinate gap analyses to determine single points of failure, areas where recovery strategies do not meet business needs, and develop recommendations for CAO leadership to close mitigate gaps.
- Coordinate thorough testing and maintenance of Information System Contingency Plans (ISCP) in accordance with CAO policies and industry best practices.
- Maintain repository of after-action reports and corrective action plans for ISCPs. Assist system owners in closure of assigned corrective actions.
- Review and make recommendations to ISCPs in close collaboration with CAO system owners and respective recovery teams.
- Ensure CAO technical requirements are adequately addressed by all Continuity of Operations and Continuity of Government planning efforts within the CAO and the House.
- Develop and recommend future-focused disaster recovery strategies for CAO systems to minimize downtime and maximize capabilities.
- Provide leadership and authoritative guidance as a subject matter expert regarding relevant disaster recovery standards and best practices.
- Maintain situational awareness of functional and operational statuses for CAO systems. Advise BC/DR management with disaster recovery recommendations for risk reduction during National Special Security Events, or heightened threat environments.
- Collaborate with House Information Resources and CAO Risk Management on audits and advisories relating to Disaster Recovery. Ensure documentation is audit defensible.
- Participate and support CAO and House continuity exercise programs.
- Lead the ITDR team's overall work plan, ensuring consistency, attention to detail, and adherence to policies/procedures.
- Performs other official duties as assigned.