Emergency Planning & Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Friday, 05 August 2022 07:10
Location: UK, Chester
Organization: Countess of Chester Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
This is an exciting position within the Trust and it welcomes applications from those who are strong leaders with excellent negotiating interpersonal skills.
You will be responsible for the strategic and operational management of the Trust's emergency and major incident response strategies, operational plans, protocols and procedures.
You will be required to provide a central source of national emergency preparedness resilience and response expertise and the delivery of strategic leadership in all aspects of health emergency preparedness.
You will have a degree in a relevant subject or equivalent experience in and a demonstrable knowledge of health emergency planning. You will also be an advanced user of the Microsoft suite of programmes, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
You will need to have the ability to manage stressful situations and conversations.
- Working for the Deputy Chief Operating Officer, the post holder will be responsible for ensuring a continued state of preparedness for the Trust to respond to any major or significant incident both planned and unscheduled ensuring, that where practical, measures are in place to maintain continuity of its core business.
- The post holder will ensure that legal and regulatory requirements that apply to the trust are met including training, planning and co-ordination working with the local resilience forum and multi-agency partners.
- The post holder will develop excellence in emergency planning that the trust holds and seek to develop good practice learning lessons from experiences of other exercises and events nationally.
- The post holder will ensure that emergency planning and resilience become an integral part of business planning, strategy and operations across the Trust.
- The post holder would be required to be available in the event of a major or significant incident and to act as a tactical advisor to the Deputy Chief Operating Officer.