Business Continuity Analyst
- Published: Wednesday, 22 June 2022 09:31
Location: US, Remote
The Business Continuity Analyst is a member of the Business Continuity Management team who is assigned the overall responsibility for co-coordination of the recovery planning program including testing and maintenance of recovery plans.
This position will be coordinating with technical subject matter experts across the organization to create and incorporate plans and procedures for restoration of mission-critical business applications in the event of natural disasters, technical failures, power outages, etc. They will be conducting Business Impact Analysis to predict the consequences of disruptions of business functions to create plans and processes for new recovery strategies, as well as RTO (Recovery Time Objective) and RPO (Recovery Point Objective) analysis. They will host business continuity exercises, create post-exercise reports, train staff in disaster recovery plans and response efforts, and provide recommendations for protection, recovery, and resilience strategies. They will also participate in the activation of these plans when a business or IT operation disruption occurs.
- Participate in assessments of the impact of potential disruptions in IT services (on premise and hosted), including declaring a disaster and activating the IT DR plan.
- Assist with the execution and completion of all BC and DR test activities.
- Work with business unit management and various teams across OSG to coordinate all BC/DR activities.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and testing of business continuity and disaster recovery plans and emergency response.
- Evaluate content of contingency plans to ensure compliance with established corporate framework.
- Act as the first point of escalation for all BC/DR related matters.
- Conduct analysis and monitors the effectiveness of testing and maintenance programs for all contingency planning functions.
- Provides periodic management reporting and status based upon the results of tracking compliance with plan submissions and business recovery testing.
- Identifies and quantifies the potential impact of various disruptions and disaster scenarios. Makes recommendations and elevates to management.
- Provides training, maintenance, and support for approved contingency planning tools and plans. Shares information on enterprise continuity processes, standards, and initiatives.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Keep abreast of latest BC and DR trends, best practices, and technologies.