Senior Analyst, Business Resilience and Continuity
- Published: Tuesday, 10 May 2022 07:52
Location: Canada, Ontario and Quebec
Help make a difference for Canadians. CMHC’s aspiration is that by 2030, everyone in Canada has a home that they can afford and that meets their needs. All of our programs and activities support this singular goal.
Be part of an inclusive workplace. Diversity and Inclusion guides everything we do at CMHC. We’re taking concrete actions to eradicate racism and advance equity within CMHC and the housing system.
Join the Chief Information Office within the Chief Financial Office and Corporate Services sector, where our partners view CMHC as the catalyst for solving housing affordability challenges. You will help support CMHC's Business Continuity Management (BCM) program, which aims to achieve organizational resilience and reduce business interruption risks. CMHC has a very mature Business Continuity Program and is a leader in this space. We are always looking to challenge industry standards and look for new ways to modernize how we run our program. The BCM Senior Analyst plays a key role in assisting sectors prepare to respond to and recover from all hazards that could cause a business disruption and threaten CMHC's ability to deliver its core mandate.
- Is a key contributor to BCM governance and readiness by assuming the primary responsibility for specific action plan items and projects, as well as contributing to the design, planning, scheduling and evaluation of Business Continuity Plan (BCP) and disaster recovery testing/exercises.
- Assists sector BCP coordinators in the completion of the Business Impact Analysis (BIA) and risk assessment, to properly identify the impacts of loss, interruption or disruption on their critical activities and critical support services.
- Reviews each sector's BCP to ensure all business areas have outlined recovery strategies and identified critical dependencies, resource requirements, communication strategies, and critical contact or location information; and ensures changes to the BIA, lessons learned from exercises or events, and organizational changes are reflected in the updates, where applicable.
- Develops and provides training and awareness to BCP coordinators, managers and mission critical employees and helps facilitate the testing and exercising of all CMHC BCPs; capturing lessons learned; and monitoring corrective actions accordingly.
- Supports the Incident Management Team and BCM Senior Specialist during emergency and business continuity situations by gathering information and maintaining a log to ensure all data, timelines and activities are properly recorded for evidentiary purposes.
- Contributes to the dissemination of initial and update messages to employees both during and after any incidents.
- Prepares and compiles lessons learned following exercises or real-time events to recommend adjustments to the BCM program, BCPs and disaster recovery plans.
- In the event of an emergency, the incumbent is required to perform activity monitoring 24/7.
- Post-secondary education in emergency or crisis management. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Minimum of five years of experience.
- Practical knowledge of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Experience in handling complex and stressful situations affecting business operations and in initiating response activities, through the analysis of a variety of information provided by stakeholders, other emergency operations centres, media, first responders and business continuity management best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of CMHC's mandate, security and health and safety policies and procedures.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to summarize information provided by a variety of sources.
- Excellent communication skills in both official languages (English and French), especially related to facilitating, documenting and reporting.
- Certification in a business continuity program and systems knowledge would be an asset.
Please apply online: Senior Analyst, Business Resilience and Continuity
IMPORTANT NOTICE – MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS
CMHC has implemented vaccination requirements to align with Government of Canada mandatory vaccination measures for the federal public service.
Vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for all CMHC employees, regardless of place of work (teleworking, working remotely or working on-site). CMHC’s vaccination measures, as updated from time to time, are a term and condition of employment.
CMHC requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment. If you are the selected candidate, your vaccination status will be verified by an authorized CMHC third party as part of the offer process. If you wish to request an exemption from CMHC’s vaccination requirements on valid human rights-based grounds, you must do so at the offer stage as part of the recruitment process and be approved for an exemption before any offer of employment can be issued.
CMHC is an inclusive workplace where diversity of thought – and of people – are recognized, valued, and considered essential to achieving our aspiration.
We are committed to employment equity and actively encourage applications from women, Indigenous Peoples, persons with disabilities, veterans and persons of all races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities and expressions. We also welcome applications from non-Canadians who are eligible to work in Canada.
We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest, however, please note that only applicants selected for further consideration will be contacted. If selected for an interview or testing, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Job Requisition ID: 7461
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): BBB
Travel Requirement: Limited
Office Location: Ottawa (ON)