Operational Resilience & Business Continuity Consultant
- Published: Friday, 16 July 2021 15:21
Location: UK, home based
The role of Operational Resilience & Business Continuity (ORBC) Consultant has become available in Daisy’s BCM Assurance consultancy practice. The successful candidate would work primarily on the delivery of client facing BC projects, and may be required to contribute to product and service development or other non-billable consultancy team activities.
Delivery work is project based, i.e. Projects will have already been sold to clients with a specific number of days, activities (e.g. workshops and meetings), deliverables (e.g. BIA’s, plans and reports) and agreed timescales for completion. The ORBC Consultant will be expected to deliver project activities and deliverables within agreed timescales and number of days, to the satisfaction of the client. The ORBC consultants project work will be managed by the BCM Assurance Managing Consultant. The ORBC consultant will be expected to work by themselves and/or as part of a consultancy team, depending on the requirements of the project. Typically, several projects will be worked on concurrently during any given month.
The ORBC consultant will also be expected to recognise further project opportunities when delivering client work, and to report these to the BCM Assurance Managing Consultant. However, the key focus will be delivery of the current project to a high level of quality. The role requires regular travel to Daisy locations and client sites as part of effective project delivery.
- Deliver Business Continuity (BC) project activities and documents for clients. At all times the BC Consultant will be expected to provide client advice with a high level of competency and confidence
- Typical activities include: Workshops, meetings, reviews, BIA requirements analysis, WAR Exercise, Scenario Exercise and Crisis Exercise preparation work, plan and report writing
- Typical deliverable documents include: exercise test plans & reports (Scenario, Crisis & WAR), BIA, BIA Summary Reports, Incident Management, Business Continuity and Crisis Management plans, BC Awareness materials, Current State Assessment Reports
- Deliver work on time and in budget (i.e. within agreed number of days), where possible, explaining to the BCM Assurance Managing Consultant when this cannot be achieved
- Travel to any Daisy site or customer location in the UK, to be able to support and deliver BCM Assurance team work (typically, travel will be a project requirement but may be due to other reasons such as internal meetings)
- Work unassisted and with the minimum of management where possible
- Maintain a focus on the highest levels of quality and customer satisfaction
- Represent Daisy to the best of your knowledge and ability
- Maintain current operational resilience and continuity industry knowledge (to a high level)
- Keep up to date on changes to current and new operational and BC regulations and standards