Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Thursday, 10 June 2021 07:54
Location: Cardiff, UK
Company: Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water
Closing date: 13th June
As the Business Continuity Manager, you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and testing the company's business continuity program in accordance with recognised compliance standards (e.g. ISO22301). You will act as the focal point for Business Continuity within the business and establish ownership and accountability for the business continuity challenges the business faces.
You will proactively engagement with all areas of the business to ensure robust functional continuity plans are in place to enable the individual functions to manage and respond to any continuity event.
The role will require the individual to be able to introduce and embed a Business Continuity Planning culture within the business, supported by a continued awareness programme to ensure Dŵr Cymru Welsh Water is seen as a professional, resilient and prepared organization.
- Develop the Policies and Strategies that underpin the requirements for Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Total Loss Plans supported by a document-controlled policy for all BC processes ensuring an annual review process and audit trail.
- Develop and maintain a Business Continuity framework ensuring continued compliance with recognised standards, ISO22301 and ISO27001.
- Work with all functional business areas to develop Functional Continuity Plans, including conducting Business Impact Analysis and identifying Recovery Time Objectives (RTO) for key activities; providing support and training where required and ensuring the plans are aligned with the BC Strategy.
- Develop a set of guidelines and principals for the Crisis Management Team (CMT) to outline appropriate management to be able to respond to incidents/events that effect the continued functioning of the business.
- Create and maintain Disaster Recovery Plans based on appropriate risk assessment of business risks.
- Create and maintain risk based Total Lost Contingency Plans for strategic operational assets.
- Develop Plans to manage external influencing events (Fuel, Pandemic, Power, Treatment Chemicals) developing and maintaining business strategies to manage these events (Planning, Response, Recovery and Review).
- Responsible for planning and preparing for large scale external events which may impact business resilience, continuity or incident response.
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and legislative requirements (SEMD, PSG, CCA), implementing changes where required to ensure company obligations are met.
- Manage the Business Continuity exercise programme to test BC Plans/Procedures in place, and in coordination with other exercise programmes (NIS, SEMD, Security) to ensure full end to end testing is conducted (to include concurrent incidents).
- Manage a risk-based audit programme for operational and non-operational sites on all matters relating to business continuity, using the findings to improve BC Plans.
- Represent Welsh Water at local, regional and national stakeholder engagement where required, promoting the interests and raising the profile of Welsh Water to external agencies by influencing and displaying the company as a professional organisation.
- Working alongside the Emergency Planning and Security Managers to ensure that the Emergency Planning & Security Team delivers a professional service to all business functions maintaining high standards at all times.
- Participate in the Departmental Standby Rota.
- Displaying role-model behaviours on Safety, Health, Environmental and Wellbeing issues – and proactively managing and reporting safety and environmental concerns.
- Undertaking any other duties as required to meet the needs of the business.