Business Continuity Coordinator
- Published: Monday, 07 June 2021 08:56
Location: Canada, BC, Surrey
Company: Fortis BC
FortisBC’s dynamic business continuity landscape is evolving, and this role requires a high degree of collaboration, coaching ability and a personality that can relate to people at all levels of the organization.
Reporting to the Manager, Emergency Management and Business Continuity Programs, this position is responsible to provide all aspects of support and advice in the provision of business continuity management and other program activities in order to ensure FortisBC’s Business Continuity Program meets internal business and regulatory compliance requirements. This role will work collaboratively and in partnership with the Program Manager, Emergency Management. This role will require some travel, flexibility and adaptability in terms of work scope and expectations, often based on unplanned or evolving circumstances and company priorities.
- Coordinate and facilitate Business Continuity Program, planning activities and maintaining program compliance requirements. Provide business continuity expertise, guidance and instruction as needed. Collaborate with others, including Enterprise Risk Management, on the development, maintenance and execution of business continuity plans, legal requirements, processes and exercises; identify and provide risk assessments, recommendations and resolve related concerns. Participate in the development and execution of business continuity exercises that incorporate best practices, leveraging the support of external contractors and consultants if applicable or required.
- Develop Company policy and procedures related to the Business Continuity Program, as well as the development of organizational goals and objectives at the corporate level in collaboration and under the guidance of the management team.
- Provide support to the organization with respect to compliance with regulatory requirements in the preparation, response and recovery from business continuity events, and report results/findings. Establish new plans, practices and procedures as required; review, modify and enforce existing plans based on regulatory requirements and lessons learned. Prepare reports on program status. Act as subject matter expert and provide support in the interpretation of applicable standards, regulatory requirements and procedures.
- Provide support, guidance, and expertise to any business continuity activities as required that may affect the Company’s service delivery and/or business functions. Facilitate meetings and/or de-briefing sessions after response activities are tested or executed. Research and review best practices, recommend solutions/improvements in order to promote the continuous improvement and evolution of the Emergency Management Program.
- Monitor changes to Regulations, Codes and Standards, provide advice and guidance to others on related or potential impacts. Establish and maintain relationships with local authorities, provincial ministries and other emergency management experts as needed. When required, represent the FortisBC Business Continuity Program on external committees.