Director Business Continuity II
- Published: Monday, 07 June 2021 08:50
Location: US, Georgia, New Jersey or Remote
As a Director of Business Continuity/Recovery, this role is responsible to engage across Business, Operations, Technology and Cybersecurity in developing and enhancing resiliency and monitoring capabilities:
- Develop business models for process improvements, digitized Resiliency capabilities and monitoring tools
- Analyze opportunities for process improvements and enhancements to systems and processes
- Collaborate closely with developers internally and externally to implement requirements and provide guidance during test phases.
- Tracks progress of each recovery project, issues encountered and follow-through to resolution.
- Work with technologists to ensure that all critical business functions can be resumed within defined timetables and acceptable risk factors.
- Monitors and reports on all planning activity and statistical results to senior management and financial regulatory agencies to ensure corporate regulatory and audit compliance
- Assist in developing and implementing real-time monitoring capabilities to capture business operations/markets and transaction information.
- Produce ad hoc data and reports in support of business incident management and impact analysis.
- Lead business requirements design, use cases, test plans, user stories, data analysis and interdependencies.
- Knowledge of data management concepts including data modelling, architecture and governance is preferred. Advanced knowledge of excel required.
- Experience in developing test plans, executing test scenarios.
- Develops, implements, and maintains more complex processes to ensure continual operations in the event of disaster or interruption of information processing services. Consults with individuals throughout the organization on the recovery process.
- Evaluates the business recovery plans for recovery weaknesses and recommends necessary modifications to ensure regulatory compliance and the ability to recover vital business.
- Contributes to the definition of standards, processes and procedures to be used in the recovery from a disaster or an extended interruption of information processing services.
- Manages the development of corporate business recovery plans and testing to ensure the corporation can respond to any major interruption to its critical business.
- Assists in the development of contractual agreements with recovery vendors for all entities of the corporation.
- Works with business units to develop and ensure effective business recovery plans that allow critical business functions to be resumed within defined timetables and acceptable risk factors.
- Educates users on the corporation’s business recovery planning software and recovery methodology.
- Monitors and reports all planning activity and reporting statistic results to senior management and financial regulatory groups to ensure corporate compliance for regulatory and audit.
- Keeps abreast of industry-related disaster recovery processes and evaluating the effectiveness of implementing changes to existing practices. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.