Director, Business Continuity Planning
- Published: Monday, 03 May 2021 07:40
Location: US, CA, San Francisco
Company: Gap Inc.
As Director of Business Continiuty Planning (BCP) your focus will develop and lead the process to which company functions can continue in the event of a disaster. This includes operations and functions throughout the Supply Chain and Internationally, the Gap Inc Digital Infrastructure, Fulfillment Centers, Stores, and HQs. It will include all elements of the program, including the development of an incident response process that can be adopted across all teams and geographies at Gap Inc. As the leader for the BCP program, it will be vital to identify and assess current programming and its effectiveness in addressing known risks, and resourcing to address gaps. You will need to be customer curious to create a system of prevention and recovery from potential threats to a company. You’ll need to understand the big picture strategy and work with cross-functional teams and external partners.
This Director interacts extensively with senior leadership and is a primary source of counsel to the Senior Vice President/Head of Asset Protection (AP). This position sits on the Enterprise AP Leadership team.
- Provides strategic thought leadership and subject matter expertise related to BC Planning and BC Third-Party risk management practices.
- Lead, develop, implement, and collaborate on an ongoing business continuity training program for exercising and training internal and external stakeholders on BC plans and practices.
- Refine and improve the current BIA template to respond to evolving needs of business resiliency. Works closely with business units on their BIAs in progress and updates.
- Develop and maintain business continuity plans in an organized, auditable manner. Such plans must address short- and mid-term operational workarounds, physical displacement, and recovery resource needs.
- Provide leadership, advice, and guidance to BC specialists on the team. Provides in-depth BC training and guidance to business team leaders and their teams.
- Collaborate and lead others in key initiatives and their implementation.
- Responsibility for planning, budget and end results; set policies and strategic direction for area/team.