Disaster Recovery Specialist – Associate
- Published: Thursday, 01 April 2021 12:01
Location: US, GA, Alpharetta
Company: Morgan Stanley
A Disaster Recovery testing specialist is required to lead the planning and execution of resilience testing for the E*TRADE Production Data Center. A successful candidate will be capable of engaging with technology and business teams globally to plan and execute events while demonstrating complete ownership and responsibility for delivering these events to strict guidelines and schedules.
A successful candidate will support both enhancement and expansion to existing programs around technology and external service recovery planning and testing to ensure the firm has capability to recover from severe but plausible scenarios. They will be responsible for supporting design and implementation of enhancements to the program working closely with stakeholders from across the organization.
The threat landscape is constantly changing, and it is essential that the candidate be able to keep pace in this incredibly dynamic environment.
- Provide management, ownership and responsibility for the planning and execution of E*TRADE disaster recovery and resilience tests.
- Engagement with test event weekends through the year. The level of involvement and volume of work will vary by event.
- Close and professional collaboration with technology and business teams to schedule, plan and manage events.
- Works closely with technology teams to understand processes and applications to ensure appropriate disaster recovery strategies are in place across IT infrastructure, critical business applications, and additional technology services.
- Support disaster recovery program development and implementation of new and enhanced planning and test frameworks in response to existing and emerging threats (e.g., cyber).
- Support development of strategic and tactical operational threat exercises to assess the organization's ability to respond to an operationally disruptive event.