Business Continuity Analyst
- Published: Friday, 16 October 2020 08:08
Location: US, MO, Kansas City
Organization: Children’s Mercy
The Business Continuity Analyst helps to ensure the smooth operation of a business in the event of a disaster or emergency, which may affect operations or cause a loss of information. As a risk management professional, their duties are to perform inspections and analysis of the organization's preparedness and make suggestions on how to improve recovery time after an emergency. The business continuity analyst works closely with contingency coordinators and facilities managers, providing them with key guidance on how to quickly implement contingency plans.
- Develops, documents, and communicates business continuity program documents and procedures throughout the organization.
- Hands-on experience with business continuity, emergency management, response, and communications.
- Implements and coordinates business continuity plans and procedures.
- Coordinate with the DR Analyst on the implementation of disaster recovery plans in the event of a disaster or emergency that interrupts normal information system operations.
- Creates and delivers BCP/DR best practices including an awareness program, plan development, plan validation, event communications, and recovery consulting services to the internal business customers as directed by the BC/DR Manager.
- Recommends recovery strategies and options, and assists with the implementation of recovery solutions.
- Contribute to DR test development, BC exercises, and test drills.
- Demonstrate analytical skills in assessing any resiliency capability maturity and risks based on the divisional and enterprise BIAs, BCPs, test plans, and other available sources of data. Utilize gaps identified in designing scenarios.
- Coordinate and facilitate Business Continuity plan exercises.
- Document results and lessons learned from Business Continuity plan exercises and live events.
- Conduct Awareness and Training activities with business units and report results.