Senior Associate, Crisis & Incident Management
- Published: Friday, 03 July 2020 09:25
Location: New York, NY, US
Organization: New York Life Insurance Co
Within the Corporate Resilience team, the Crisis and Incident Management Senior Associate is responsible for supporting the Crisis Manager and the Incident Manager in managing various incidents and crises involving situational awareness, response, recovery, review and readiness. S/he will be responsible for on-time, high quality delivery of projects, with minimal impact to NYL employees, property, and assets.
The position will be responsible for leading various strategic and tactical initiatives and will be accountable for providing critical support and partnership. The role will have a direct reporting line to the Incident Manager with matrixed responsibility to the Crisis Manager. S/he will work to ensure alignment with the Crisis and Incident Management related roles, responsibilities and actions required before, during and after a crisis/incident. The position requires s/he to have the ability to lead a variety of activities and must be able to form trusting relationships with management and influence outcomes.
- Provides critical support during crises/incidents in the face of uncertainly, aggressive deadlines, regulatory environments, and business drivers
- Assist with aligning the Crisis and Incident Management policy, program and reporting protocols with the businesses and Operational Risk strategic roadmaps
- Continuously assess project implementation risks, priorities, critical dependencies and assumptions to ensure timely and effective execution
- Team player who collaborates across Corporate, Business, Technology and external resources to ensure consistent content, understanding and execution of all crisis/incident related plans, framework, operating models, internal processes and training/support material
- Self-starter who works effectively and collaboratively with Corporate Resilience and Business management and participates in continuous improvement efforts such as training, awareness and testing initiatives
- Supports line managers to successfully monitor and manage crises and incidents
- Identifies program issues and proposes solutions with appropriate urgency and proper escalation
- Identifies program risks and mitigation/contingency plans ensuring right level of visibility
- Helps drive a culture of attention to risk excellence, quality, and continuous self-assessment to ensure compliance with internal policies and regulatory standards
- Some travel possible
- Part of a rotation of a “on call 24/7, 365 days per year”.