Continuity & Emergency Continuity Advisor
- Published: Friday, 03 July 2020 09:13
Location: Canada, Vancouver, British Columbia
Organization: CCEM Strategies
Working closely with others in the team, you’ll deliver customized, innovative and comprehensive continuity and emergency management solutions to CCEM’s clients in public and private sector industries.
The Continuity and Emergency Management Advisor will provide consultative advice and project support to clients in the development, implementation and maintenance of innovative emergency and business continuity management solutions. Strategically supporting the firm, the EM & BC Advisor will anticipate the needs of team members, directors and clients, and support initiatives to ensure efficiency in serving CCEM Strategies' clients and people.
What you’ll do
- Provide advice and guidance to clients on emergency and continuity related regulations, industry standards and best practices;
- Perform reviews and assessments of emergency and continuity programs across a wide range of private and public organizations;
- Participate in the conduct gap analyses against industry standards (CSAZ1600, ISO22301);
- Coordinate and participate in the conduct of business impact analyses; identification and analysis of critical business processes; and the development of strategies and workarounds;
- Support the delivery of tailored business continuity management approaches and methodologies for clients; develop processes, tools and guidelines aligned to relevant industry standards and best practices to ensure effective and resilient enterprise-wide business continuity capabilities;
- Update and develop customized continuity and emergency response plans for clients under various jurisdictions and authorities, ensuring compliance and implementation of best practices;
- Support the development and facilitation of business continuity and emergency management training and exercises. Prepare timely reports to accurately reflect the outcome of exercises and learnings to drive continuous improvement for clients;
- Participate in post-incident debriefs with clients;
- Perform technical and business writing functions that includes editing plans and reports, and tailoring written content for a variety of target audiences;
- Conduct research, analyses and take appropriate measures to correct problems within the scope of responsibilities;
- Implement effective project management strategies and approaches. Contribute to efficient ongoing project management and ensure successful execution and completion of both small and large-scale projects;
- Regularly report to project lead regarding report and deliverable status, task completion and resource expenditures;
- Support the team on contracts and work with clients as required;
- Travel as required, including to client sites and/or to participate in training and exercises.