Risk and Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Wednesday, 05 February 2020 09:55
Location: UK, London
Company: Morgan Law
- Enhance and implement an effective and efficient approach to Risk Management and Business Continuity for organisation, supporting a risk aware culture and prioritising critical risks.
- This role will support FOM and its Departments in implementing effective Risk Management, recognising Strategic and Operational risk, and supporting risk improvement. Through close work with other key members of staff this role will facilitate implementation of the risk strategy and policy in FOM and ensure it aligns with FOM ways of working and processes appropriately.
- The role will champion risk management in the organisation and work to improve risk culture
- This role will oversee effective delivery of the risk cycle in line with current processes, systems and deadlines. The postholder will support the Departments and the risk owners in risk control development and ensure agreed mitigations are delivered on time and that they manage the risk to an acceptable level.
- They will work with key stakeholders across the FOM to deliver a comprehensive approach to Business Continuity and Emergency Planning, supported by appropriate procedures.
- Support a comprehensive business continuity management programme for FOM to mitigate serious incidents affecting the welfare of staff, students, facilities, and/or critical business operations including research and teaching
- Collaborate with key personnel to understand strategic and tactical business and service requirements and document the activity business impact analysis for the purpose of developing appropriate business continuity plans
- Conduct risk assessments associated with natural, man-made and technological disasters and develop preventive measures to support long-term resiliency
- Establish business continuity plans that align with emergency response plans (including Trust sites) and the existing crisis management plan
- Co-ordinate the review, maintenance and periodic testing of business continuity and emergency response plans, working with the Faculty departments and services to ensure these plans remain valid and fit for purpose
- Work with functional partners to manage incidents that affect or may affect business operations
- Promote awareness of the business continuity policy, standards, plans, processes and arrangements
- Facilitate post event After Action Reviews (AARs) and Corrective Actions Plans.
- Use incident and exercise lessons learnt to regularly review performance and identify enhancements for the purpose of continual improvement.
- Support the risk bi-annual process working with FOM departments and respective risk owners to challenge inputs to the risk process.
- Support effective Department level risk ownership in FOM, ensuring risk owners are clear on their roles and responsibilities.