Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Friday, 24 January 2020 10:35
Location: UK, Burgess Hill
Company: Edwards Ltd
Work with VTBA Head of Safety, Health, Environment to develop and implement workable and robust systems to drive for the highest levels of business continuity practice within Vacuum Technique Business Area. Develop the business continuity section of the VT SHE OGSM, and implement KPIs to measure its fulfilment.
Lead and direct the VT business area to ensure that it continuously operates to local, national and/or company standards of business continuity and to prevent major customer impact from business disruption.
- Be the Business Continuity champion for the Vacuum Technique BA and create the behavioural and mind set shift required to drive the organisation to world class industry leading performance.
- Provide professional support and mentoring in best Business Continuity practices for the Vacuum Technique global team of SHE Managers and divisional/ site management teams.
- Create a global Business Continuity strategy, aligned with the VTBA SHE Council and industry/customer requirements.
- Be the Functional Business Continuity lead for SHE managers and their teams within VTBA.
- Ensure that the Vacuum Technique Business Continuity management system is effectively implemented in all divisions and adheres to Atlas Copco and ISO requirements.
- Develop a Vacuum Technique global ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management certification program to meet BA and divisional business needs.
- Work with regional & functional management (e.g. VTIS) to manage a long term sustainable approach to the assessment of business continuity risks, the recording of such risks and the swift introduction of measures to minimise such risks, both preventative and protective.
- Own & improve the Vacuum Technique business continuity RCE in line with stakeholder requirements including customers.
- Interact at a high level with Divisions & functions to drive collaborative business continuity programs.
- Implement and drive tools and techniques to proactively prevent business continuity risks within Vacuum Technique.
- Develop training to support the Vacuum Technique global business continuity program.
- Work with divisional, functional and site SHE management to ensure effective follow up and investigation of business continuity events and that corrective actions are effective. Take the lead role in investigations into serious incidents where required.
- Ensure that regional management operate a streamlined and effective reporting system which will allow the monitoring of regional/site business continuity performance.
- Ensure an effective program of audits and inspections are in place globally to assure compliance to company and regulatory procedures/requirements.
- Be actively involved in the Business Area, applicable functions, divisional SHE teams and the VTBA SHE council.