Director, Business Continuity
- Published: Thursday, 07 February 2019 10:28
Location: US, AZ, Scottsdale
Company: Early Warning Services
This position will be responsible for providing hands-on subject matter expertise in support of the Business Continuity program. Reporting to the VP of Business Continuity, this is a highly visible position that will collaborate with staff at all levels of the organization in order to implement a sound, proactive and comprehensive Business Continuity program that will enable Early Warning to plan for and respond to a business interruption event.
The responsibilities of this position include coordinating the development, maintenance, and exercising (testing) of the business continuity plans for each critical functional area within Early Warning. This role includes being tactical in conducting organizational research; performing and evaluating business impact analyses and risk assessments; developing program policies, plans and procedures; coordinating testing and exercise activities; and providing training and awareness communications. In addition, this position will also support the build out of the Crisis Management program model which will provide the framework for a common enterprise approach for the governance, development, execution and sustainability of the Crisis Management Plan.
- Partner with division management and organizational subject matter experts to develop detailed and comprehensive Business Continuity plans for each functional area within each business unit. Conduct reviews, analyze requirements, recommend strategies and write and update Business Continuity plans as required
- Coordinate and monitor all project management activities to execute all phases of the full Business Continuity program lifecycle from program initiation thru operational status for all plans
- Develop policies, procedures, templates, standards and documentation in support of the deployment, management and sustainability of the program
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the business processes, assets, facilities, responsibilities, regulatory requirements and interdependencies of the organization
- Perform risk analyses for each functional area to evaluate points of vulnerability, single-points-of-failure and identify risk avoidance and mitigation strategies
- Create test plans and coordinate regular Business Continuity plan exercises to assess the operational readiness, viability and weaknesses of each plan
- Coordinate staff training and facilitate Business Continuity outreach and awareness communications
- Oversee the development, exercising and execution of the crisis management plan including supporting the deployment of a mass notification/crisis communications system/capability
- Perform regular reviews and updates to all program materials in order to ensure that the quality and accuracy of all program documentation is maintained
- Research and incorporate both industry and corporate best practices into the Business Continuity program methodology as appropriate
- Perform continuous monitoring of program activities in order to identify areas of opportunity for improvement, cost reduction and enhanced operational efficiency
- Coordinate crisis management and Business Continuity activities in the event of a business interruption by providing plan and program subject matter expertise
- Maintain accurate and complete program performance metrics and develop management reports as necessary
- Responsible for the documentation and preparation for third party risk analysis, reporting, tracking and status reporting as it relates to business continuity readiness of third party dependencies.
- Support the company’s commitment to protect the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.