Manager, Business Continuity and Crisis Management
- Published: Monday, 04 February 2019 11:12
Location: US, CA, Universal City
The Manager, Business Continuity and Crisis Management, working under the direction of a Director of Business Continuity and Crisis Management, will develop, maintain, and implement business continuity, crisis management, and disaster recovery plans, strategies and solutions across the NBCUniversal enterprise. In this role, the manager will also participate in crisis management operations specific to NBCUniversal properties, assets, and employees.
The successful candidate in this role is responsible for delivering Business Continuity and Crisis Management (BC/CM) plans, developing and facilitating exercises designed to increase the resilience of NBCU business operations, and participate in crisis management operations as directed. The candidate will report to a corporate Director of Business Continuity and Crisis Management.
- Primary development and ongoing maintenance (in coordination with the individual business) for business continuity plans using established standards and customized solutions for NBCUniversal business operations.
- Ability to analyze business processes and workflows and identify gaps and suggest enhancements to address deficiencies to increase preparedness and recoverability.
- Development and execution of business continuity and resiliency exercises within individual businesses across the enterprise.
- Liaise with Business Continuity Officers to develop effective working relationships and goals, plans, and exercises.
- Work with Enterprise IT disaster recovery experts to incorporate disaster recovery solutions into BC/CM plans.
- Maintain and update the Business Continuity/Crisis Management internal corporate website and develop awareness materials.
- Perform risk analyses for individual businesses to identify points of vulnerability, single points of failure and identify risk avoidance and mitigation strategies.
- Develop status reports (score cards/dashboards) on individual business preparedness and recoverability, and prepare management summary reports.
- Analyze and report on implications of regulatory/audit requirements.
- Perform analysis, prepare recommendations and implement enterprise business continuity planning tools (i.e.; Business Continuity & Crisis Management and mass notification solutions).
- Liaise with Enterprise IT on the requirements and reporting of IT Disaster Recovery programs.
- Regular use and maintenance of BC/CM IT systems including NBCU emergency notification system and BCM software.