VP, Business Continuity Leader
- Published: Thursday, 06 December 2018 10:00
Location: US, CT, Stamford
Responsible to lead Synchrony’s Business Continuity Management program, helping the company adequately prepare to contend with critical business disruptions in an increasingly complex world. The position holder will build strong relationships across the company and secure organizational commitment for continued strategic and tactical support for the program. The ideal candidate will be an expert in their field, with a proven ability to build and implement best practice Business Continuity Management programs within large and complex enterprises.
- Define the strategic direction for Business Continuity for the company. Develop, implement, and continuously optimize a risk-based global Business Continuity Management Program. Leverage industry best practices and apply them in a way that will be successful for the SYF environment
- Drive consistent program development and execution across functionally aligned business continuity teams. Understand the risk and impact, and drive the development of robust business recovery and continuity plans.
- Build relationships with functional leaders across the enterprise and collect stakeholder requirements
- Recruit, inspire, manage, and lead a global team of dedicated Business Continuity Management professionals
- Plan and manage a roster of business, function and company-wide resiliency tests and exercises to ensure robustness of the Business Continuity Management program
- Establish and implement a maturity model to assess the successful adoption and effectiveness of the Business Continuity Management program. Develop multi-year roadmap to drive BCM maturity, a strong quality framework and continuous improvement
- Develop and implement business continuity program standards for business impact analysis, risk assessment, plan development, testing, exercises, reviews, and training consistent with regulatory guidance
- Collaborate with colleagues in the Disaster Recovery and Crisis Management provide a comprehensive robust resilience program
- Establish sound governance processes, policies, procedures, and best practices to keep all Business Continuity Program components aligned, current, relevant, actionable, and auditable
- Develop and deepen business continuity understanding and appreciation within business functions
- Manage 3rd party involvement in the BCM program including reviews of recovery capability, planning, testing and acceptance of deliverables
- Communicate program status, activities, recovery gaps, and other issues
- Drive prioritization of application recovery by communicating recovery capability and limitations in partnership with Technology Disaster Recovery team
- Collaborate with Service Delivery, Crisis Management and Information Security teams to develop integrated processes, robust communications and integrated exercises/tests
- Review program strategy and deliverables with regulators and the various lines of defense to ensure compliance
- Drive efficient and effective usage of BCM Tools and integration with other tools as necessary
- Further mature and implement a comprehensive training and awareness campaign for the Business Continuity Management Program
- Develop and drive key metrics to provide line of sight to BC performance
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned.