Junior Business Continuity Project Manager
- Published: Friday, 06 July 2018 14:27
Location: US, AZ, Mesa
Company: The Boeing Company
The Business Continuity program leverages four disciplines (Business, Emergency, Supply Chain, and IT preparedness) to create an integrated approach to business resilience. Business Preparedness planning is focused on building recovery plans for critical programs and operations within the company to ensure their recoverability in the event of a disruption.
The Business Preparedness team works with leaders across the enterprise to identify risks and critical programs, build plans for their recovery, test and maintain these plans, assist executive leaders in validating the state of their preparedness, and assess the company's resilience maturity. Becoming a part of this team provides an opportunity to work across the enterprise, assisting teams and organizations to increase their level of preparedness.
- The Junior Business Continuity Project Manager will support business preparedness planning services to organizations across the enterprise.
- This role will support all phases of the Business Preparedness test and maintain activities and support special projects using project management best practices. This role will assist Business Preparedness and Business Continuity team members with consultation communication to business unit and functional leadership.
- The process improvement work allows for the opportunity to apply process improvement tools and lean. Strong customer service and communication skills are required due to the high level of interaction with business partners.
- Communication with the business partners includes training and consultation on the business preparedness planning process, software, and support provided to ensure successful completion of the test & maintenance process.
- Communication will also include providing business partners visibility of schedule milestones and status their progress.
- Research and Consolidate complex information regarding ongoing events and/or assigned projects into level-appropriate written summaries and/or verbal briefings for key stakeholders and internal customers (i.e. risk & security managers, travel security reps, global security operations center, regional security reps, etc.).