Business Continuity Manager
- Published: Friday, 11 May 2018 10:20
Location: UK, Royston
Company: Johnson Matthey
Johnson Matthey is looking to recruit a Business Continuity Manager. The purpose of this role is to ensure that Business Continuity Management is designed effectively and embedded (operationally effective) across its businesses.
- Continuous improvements (as required) to the Policy and procedures
- Owning BCP processes across UK Corporate Sites (Royston and City Office).
- Assigning and agreeing ownership of BCP across US and China Corporate sites via the Chinese Management Committee and North America Committee.
- Supporting the implementation and testing of BCP’s; and challenging the effectiveness of these where they are not to the required standard.
- Ensuring that single locations hosting multiple businesses have co-ordinated and effective BCP’s.
- Working with the CAR team to put in place testing/auditing of the effectiveness of the BCP
- Chair of the BCM steering group
- Provide communications and reporting suitable for the GMC, GPCC and Audit Committee
- Identify and share trends/developments in BCP
- Liaise with other internal assurance functions and external assurance providers where required
- Benchmarking and sharing best practice
- Providing advice on all aspects of BCP including interpretation of relevant policies and procedures
- Identifying improvements to enhance the quality, relevance, efficiency and control of information
- Working with business units and teams to implement changes required
- Evaluating effectiveness of proposed/implemented changes
- Direct and coach less experienced or more junior staff, including from an administrative perspective and in supporting them to plan, execute and report on these areas
- Develop and monitor the budget set aside for this area
- Following implementation and adoption of policies create an annual plan to ensure the effectiveness of these policies (through the CAR or local management team)
- Undertake any other duties that are within the employee’s skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.