Business Continuity & Supplier Risk Consultant
- Published: Tuesday, 08 May 2018 09:20
Location: US, NC, Cary
The individual will provide program management support for the Business Continuity program, with a specific focus to ensure high quality plans and tests are completed with internal departmental teams and with key suppliers identified through Verizon's formal Supplier Risk Management program.
Primary responsibilities are to:
- Lead initiatives with key suppliers and internal Verizon function owners to identify opportunities to improve existing or develop new business continuity plans.
- Lead projects with key suppliers and internal Verizon function owners to develop and conduct relevant and challenging tests of their business continuity plans.
- Lead designated components of the Supplier Risk Management program, which will include a variety of activities, such as the assessment and determination of risk based on initial and detailed documentation reviews, and the follow up on issues and concerns within Verizon and with the suppliers.
- Drive the completion of action items identified during exercises and other program activities with relevant suppliers and internal teams.
- Support outreach team with a variety of activities, including responses to customer inquiries, updates to customer facing and internal awareness materials, and supporting the planning and logistics for conferences and outreach events.
- Support the development of relevant and challenging exercises in support of the Incident Management Structure and teams.
- Deliver accurate and timely program management tracking and status reports, including Supplier Risk Management activities, and executive reports.
- Ensure compliance with Business Continuity program requirements for designated suppliers and internal functional teams, through participation and engagement in plan development activities for hands on knowledge of expectations, strategies and tools.
- Coordinate designated components of the Business Continuity program such as: business impact analysis updates, risk assessments, document management, contact list maintenance, Emergency Operation Center resources, notification systems, and business continuity planning software.
- Support internal teams and suppliers during actual incident responses, for example researching threats, impacts and resources, to include deployment for on-site support, as appropriate.