Business Continuity Project Manager
- Published: Wednesday, 09 May 2018 07:01
Location: UK, London
As part of the Business Continuity Team, the BC Project Manager will be required to play a key role in the ongoing management of Business Continuity (BC) projects to address operational risk, improve operational effectiveness, ensure compliance with ISO22301. If required the individual will be expected to support the preparation for and recovery from disruptive incidents when they arise.
They will also be expected to get fully involved with hands on project delivery, working to agreed deliverables, timescales and expected outcomes.
They will work as part of the Business Continuity Team but be expected to collaborate with staff across the Firm and relevant 3rd parties to ensure the effective & efficient management of projects.
The role is a Manager position (without any direct reports), based in London, but with a National remit.
The Business Continuity Project Manager must have an excellent knowledge of business continuity management, with experience of working with management systems complying with ISO22301. In addition good project and change management skills will be required to meet the desired outcomes.
- Project Management – responsible for managing a broad range of projects from initiation to completion and where necessary implement any changes and maintain as part of business as usual.
- Project Delivery - As the BC Team is small, everyone is required to take responsibility for the hands on delivery of projects as directed by the Head of Business Continuity. Often projects require detailed analysis of information to inform decisions and support the completion of comprehensive reports for the Firm and external interested parties.
- Compliance with ISO22301 - responsibility for collaborating with the team to demonstrate a consistent capability to operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve BC services which meet the requirements of ISO22301.
- Risk Management – responsible for the maintenance of the risk management process for areas of responsibility.
- Stakeholder Management – responsible for the maintenance of stakeholders/interested parties to ensure recognition of different perspectives and to help reduce resistance/increase acceptance of project goals.