Business Continuity Co-ordinator x3
- Published: Friday, 06 April 2018 15:46
Location: Various - UK, US, Singapore
Company: Standard Life Investments
- The ASI Business Continuity Management team collate and analyse recovery information gathered from all business areas across the company. The team ensure this information is actively managed to support the company’s plans to respond to any operational disruption and provide a comprehensive business resilience and availability programme that also covers all of ASI’s global offices.
- The overall protection and immediate recovery of operations within the business is a critical area for new and existing clients.
- The team also support the company’s state of readiness to respond to any major operational disruption and are responsible for the global alignment of Business Continuity Management strategic aims and activities across ASI. In addition, they maintain an active role whilst managing incidents which can range from major building and system outages, to adverse weather events such as snow, wind and volcanic ash issues. ASI have a duty of care to their employees whether they are within the building or travelling on business therefore the team actively monitor news and events and keep a close check on world events.
- The team liaise with ASI’s critical suppliers to check their continuity plans to make sure there would be minimal loss to any service in ASI’s end to end processing if any suppliers had an incident.
- The role holder reports to the local/regional Head of Business Continuity and is based within Global Operations Department. While based in one office, there will be a reasonable amount of travel to nearby offices in that region where there is a requirement to manage their BCM processes.
- To work alongside the local/regional Head of Business Continuity to provide strong operational support within ASI’s Business Continuity Management programme. This role will focus on supporting the local business unit personnel and all levels of management in a variety of business continuity activities; while liaising with the BC Manager in region and the core team in Edinburgh for guidance on processes; regulation and controls.
- In addition to supporting and maintaining the ASI Business Continuity Management programme, this role will assist with ongoing incident management preparation and active participation if an event occurs.
- Own, administer and update all Business Continuity information onto the Business Continuity system as per the company requirements and strategy
- Maintain ISO22301 standards where applicable in appropriate locations
- Prepare and collate reports and statistics to provide regular reports and updates to various levels of Management
- Communicate any significant changes in the Business Continuity recovery plans to the local/region Head of Business Continuity
- Ensure that the region’s Business Continuity Management programme of work is kept on schedule and management are aware of upcoming deadlines, audits and reviews
- Undertake Business Impact Analysis for all areas to gather and analyse the key requirements from business areas and help ensure they feed into the workplace recovery plans. Help identify any gaps that may exist in critical information gathered and recorded
- Assist with ongoing incident management preparation and active participation if an event occurs
- Managing and monitoring of department call chains
- Help to co-ordinate the overall readiness of the recovery site as well as interacting and co-ordinating with the technology department disaster recovery staff to facilitate the identification of critical applications/systems, as well as providing support towards integrating business unit and technology recovery exercises
- Co-ordinate all business continuity recovery testing and collate results and actions
- Ensure the production, centralisation, consistency, and maintenance of Business Continuity planning documents within the overall Business Continuity Management programme
- Be a point of contact for internal customers, teams and colleagues and promote and assist in the awareness of business continuity processes and activities in location